Open MSD data files
There are three different way to open MSD data files:
- Open files via the view Chromatogram File Explorer (MSD). This view is usually already open after starting the MSD perspective.
If not, you find a description here, how to open views. Note, that by this route files can only be opened one by one.
- Open files via the menu bar (see below). This way multiple files can be selected.
Problems with opening data files
For several reasons it may occur that you are not able to open your files:
- You have not installed the appropriate data converter plug-in. The procedure to do so is desribed here.
- You try to open MSD files via the wrong File Explorer, i.e. MSD files can not be opened with the Chromatogram File Explorer (FID) or Chromatogram File Explorer (DAD).
- If you have installed the correct data converter plug-in, but the test period of 30 days has past, you will have to register (username and email is sufficient) at our website and receive a free serial key.
- If you have installed the correct data converter plug-in and you are within the test period of 30 days (or have registered and received a serial key already) the data import may still fail in some cases. This is mostly because the diverse structure of the file formats. Vendors change/adjust their data formats over the years retaining the same file extension. Feel free to contact us and send us some test files. We will try to fix those issues.